The Syracuse Auto Dealers have been proud to represent dealers across the Central New York area. Our organization has been producing the annual Syracuse Auto Expo since 1912. Our yearly Charity Preview raises millions of dollars for charities here in Syracuse and Central New York. Our employees also organize company benefits for the thousands of employees working for auto dealers in our area. We’re excited to announce the 2023 Syracuse Auto Expo returns to the Oncenter February 16th-19th 2023.
- VW CEO Diess: German economy needs Chinaon June 30, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Volkswagen CEO Herbert Diess says Germany would look "completely different" if it turned away from China, and such a move would harm Germany’s […]
- VW ID Aero flagship electric sedan targets China, U.S. and Europeby Nick Gibbs on June 30, 2022 at 12:18 pm
The car will launch in 2023 as VW's "flagship" electric model, with a particular focus on China, where midsize sedans remain a vital segment. It will […]
- Stellantis: Car market could collapse if EVs don't get cheaperby Bloomberg on June 29, 2022 at 6:55 pm
After an EU deal to phase out combustion engines,one of Europe's biggest automakers warned that the industry is doomed unless EVs get less expensive.
- Bentley readies 'revolutionary' car manufacturingby Nick Gibbs on June 28, 2022 at 4:01 am
Using automated guided vehicles instead of a standard conveyor belt means the VW Group brand can vary the time given to build each car.
- Pandemic, supply woes still hammering Toyota productionby Hans Greimel on June 26, 2022 at 11:00 am
Toyota's slowdown expands the count of lost production to some 400,000 vehicles in the fiscal year finishing March 31, 2023. Despite the fall back, […]
- The latest numbers on the microchip shortage: Europe, N.A. suffer biggest hitsby Lindsay Chappell on June 26, 2022 at 11:00 am
Hopes that the microchip shortage was easing off are proving premature. In the past 60 days, AFS has increased its forecast for lost 2022 production […]
- Junked Tesla turns into a trick candleon June 26, 2022 at 10:49 am
A totaled Model S suddenly ignited after sitting in a California junkyard for three weeks, and firefighters struggled to put out the 3,000-degree […]
- VW loses 2 EV execs as ID4 production beginsby Larry P. Vellequette on June 25, 2022 at 4:00 am
Former Tesla execs Matt Renna and Dustin Krause had been with VW since 2018, joining as the automaker prepared to sell EVs in the U.S. They departed […]
- Five countries seek to delay EU fossil fuel car phaseouton June 24, 2022 at 5:38 pm
Italy, Portugal, Slovakia, Bulgaria and Romania called for a 90 percent cut in car CO2 by 2035 and reaching the 100 percent target by 2040.
- Automakers expect suppliers to deliver CO2 targetsby Urvaksh Karkaria on June 23, 2022 at 5:27 pm
According to the World Economic Forum, automotive is one of eight supply chains that account for more than half of all global emissions.
- Stellantis invests $24.7 million to retool Michigan engine plantby Vince Bond Jr. on June 30, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Stellantis said its Trenton engine plant will be retooled to a be flexible engine line able to produce the two variations of the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine.
- 1 federal lawsuit against CDK dismissed, but 6 others remainby George Weykamp on June 30, 2022 at 4:43 pm
Six new federal shareholder lawsuits were filed against CDK, the company's board of directors and Brookfield Business Partners between April 26 and May 5, alleging critical information was left out of acquisition disclosures.
- Car Wars study: By 2026, 60% of new models will be EV, hybridby Michael Martinez on June 30, 2022 at 4:25 pm
The Bank of America Merrill Lynch Car Wars study predicts automakers will launch roughly 245 new models over the next four years.
- American Axle case on patent eligibility rejected by U.S. Supreme Courton June 30, 2022 at 4:24 pm
The Biden administration in May urged the high court to take up the case, saying American Axle's invention was a classic example of a patent-eligible industrial process.
- GM plans $100 million outlay to create premium import platform for ‘iconic’ productsby Yang Jian on June 30, 2022 at 2:36 pm
A new business unit in Shanghai’s Pudong New Area will expand Chinese imports of some of GM's most popular and profitable vehicles built and sold mostly in North America.
- GM revives program to train first responders on EVsby Drew Goretzka on June 30, 2022 at 1:00 pm
GM's revamped program focuses on teaching firefighters how to safely respond to incidents involving EVs and hybrids.
- Kansas Buick dealership faces 2 more lawsuits alleging hostile work environment, whistleblower retaliationby George Weykamp on June 30, 2022 at 12:26 pm
The new lawsuits were filed by former Brogden controller Lynda Cole and human resource specialist Brooke Nemechek.
- Craft Automotive to sell Honda, Hyundai, Stellantis dealerships to Carter Myers Automotiveby Julie Walker on June 30, 2022 at 10:48 am
Craft Automotive Group said it signed an agreement to sell three dealerships to Carter Myers Automotive. The transaction is slated to close in August.
- Tesla leads in luxury brand loyalty, and it's not slowing down, S&P Global Mobility saysby Drew Goretzka on June 30, 2022 at 10:27 am
Tom Libby: Tesla's internal loyalty rate "is an ominous, frankly, ominous trend for the rest of the industry."
- Ferrari to continue building internal combustion engines on its road to EVson June 30, 2022 at 8:39 am
Although Ferrari's first EV will arrive in 2025 and the automaker already offers some plug-in models, the weight of batteries and an attachment to noisy, powerful engines are slowing the automaker’s shift.